Ok, I know, I haven't posted in a LONG time, but I'm hoping to make up for that in 2010.
Here's the skinny - in 2010 (and just so you all know, in my head I'm saying "Twenty-Ten" lol!), I turn 27. For some reason, I have always thought that 27 was the perfect age. I don't know why, I don't know when I started believing this, I just think it's going to be a good year. Also, Tom and I are starting off the year with a vacation!
We're taking a trip to visit Tom's family in Texas! A week long fun fest! Plus, we're going to visit the HQ of one of our favorite websites, and see the Gulf of Mexico - which I've never seen before!
Also in 2010, we'll get to celebrate lots of birthdays and holidays with our friends and family; we've got lots of projects planned - new back patio, possibly painting some bedrooms, redecorating our master bath, and POSSIBLY new flooring in our Kitchen/Dining room (depends on how tax-time treats us!); and, our Five Year Wedding Anniversary is in March! eek! I can't believe it's been that long! In April, Tom and I will have been together for 8 years! He's my soul mate, I could have never imagined myself with a more perfect man.
2010 is also going to be the year of debt reduction and debt loss. For example, I believe our goal is to have at least two of our smaller credit cards completely paid off and cut up by this time next year! Yay! Also, the possibility of paying off Tom's Durango seems to be in the cards. The quicker we pay off the Durango, the quicker we can get myself a new car!
The economy looks better now than it has in the past 3 or 4 quarters - hopefully we'll be able to make the headway we want, and possibly receive more monetary incentives in the upcoming year. We can hope, right? lol!
We have other hopes and aspirations for 2010, but we'll leave those for another day - no reason to get any one's hopes up. Nothing is definite - more like planning and trying for "certain things" but nothing as of right now.
I don't usually make New Years Resolutions, because I don't like the pressure you get from them. However, here are a few I am hoping to keep:
1. Make sure that my husband knows everyday that he makes me the happiest I have ever been in my life. Show him the appreciation he deserves, and treat him like the King of my heart that he is.
2. Say "Yes" more times than I say "No." There are times when I say "Not right now" to my nieces and nephews, but why? What better time than NOW to play with them, to play BoomBlox or Wii bowling? what better time than NOW to cuddle with them, watch movies, play with their dolls, or watch them skateboard?? Why shouldn't we go out and play an impromptu game of Horse with Brett, or sit down in the floor and play memory with Kayla? Why shouldn't I color with Nikki? Or read with Jason? Why shouldn't I watch Sponge bob with Maddy, or play blocks with TJ? Why shouldn't I run to the store with Cathy? Or play in Lisa's room? Why shouldn't I sit down and watch M*A*S*H with my dad? Or just cuddle with Deloris? Or go outside with my mom when she goes to smoke? Why shouldn't I visit my brother when we're in Conway? "Yes" is so much more fun than "No". And this is the year of years for us. Why shouldn't we have fun?
3. I want to keep the friends that I have, keep them close, and grow our friendships. I love you guys, and there are times, I know I should make more phone calls, it's just "easier" to hit you up on facebook or email. This is probably the hardest, because I really don't like making phone calls, but I'm getting better!
4. I want to get into good eating habits, like we had in 2009, that helped us become healthier than we've been in the past 10 years. I'm also hoping to keep walking, playing softball, getting out and just playing!
5. I have not been a regular church goer in over a year. It's been hard, it's been rough, I've fought with my faith. But, in this year I've realized, you don't HAVE to go to church to know HIM. You don't have to participate in all of the church activities to have HIM in your heart. It helps, it strengthens the faith, and it brings you together with people who believe the same way as you do. I've found faith so many times in this past year, in places I never thought I would. I know HE is alive in me, and HE shows himself in the most unlikely ways. Kandi has helped me see that. My goal for 2010 is to see HIM where others may over look HIM. see the beauty in what we have everyday, and to enjoy those special moments even more. The "Ordinary Moments" should be cherished just as much as the special ones. I'm wanting to show those special moments in ordinary life more attention.
Those are my "resolutions". Those are what I want to do in 2010. A lot of people do the weight loss resolution - I did last year. We dropped 90 pounds each. We had to work hard, and I think it has paid off ten-fold. This year, I want to work on relationships, build good habits, and strengthen my Faith. It's not a long list, but by golly, it's going to keep me busy all year long! :)
I hope you have all had a wonderful Christmas holiday, and have a fantastic New Year's celebration. 2010 is the year. It's my year.
Will you make 2010 your year too?