"I love you!"

That has got to be the three greatest words on the planet.

Tom and I tell each other, probably 20 to 30 times a day that we love each other. It never gets old either, y'know?

Anyway, we had such a great weekend.

Friday, was a pretty good day at work. Nothing super great, but nothing to shake your fist at, y'know? Anyway, after work, Tom and I went to mom and dad's for burgers and chips for dinner. We hung out for a while, then, once we we were ready to go, we grabbed Brett, Nikki, and TJ and headed off to our house!

We love having the kids over, there's a lot of energy in the house, and they are super well behaved kids. They've been begging to come over since before World Championships, but because of how crazy things were - trying to get Worlds set up, then Worlds itself, then 4th of July weekend, then my birthday - this was honestly the first weekend we had available to snag the kids.

Anyway, once we got to the house, Brett and Tom settled down for some Halo action on the Xbox. TJ, Nikki, and I got to work working on some birds nest prototypes for Jamie's baby shower. Once we got those done, we all sat down to watch A Goofy Movie and TJ, Nikki, and I were coloring. Nikki fell asleep on the short couch. Once the movie was over, we let Brett and Tom play more Halo. Because TJ needs almost no stimuli while he's trying to get to sleep, I had to put him in our guest room to go to sleep. we put a night light in the room, and within 20 or 30 minutes, he was out.

I got on my computer and was looking up more stuff for the shower, and finally went to bed around midnight, Come to find out, Brett was up until about 1 a.m. (probably the latest he's ever stayed up!) and Tom was up until about 2 a.m.

I woke up multiple times between 430 and 630 - I usually wake up lots of times all night long when we have the kids over. I always have this fear that something is going to happen while we have them over... Nothing has ever happened, but they are not my kids, i'd feel terrible if something happened. I'd never be able to live with myself.

Anyway, the last time I got up, I checked in on Tj, he was asleep, then I went to check on Nikki and Brett in the living room, and they were both asleep - i was super excited because i had just gotten it into my head that I should get a shower and wash my face, brush my teeth - you know, normal morning routine before the kids woke up... Then, as I walked past the guest room again, TJ said "Sausau?" It was so darn cute!!

He had made it through the night with a dry diaper! Yay TJ man! so we celebrated with a little bit of chocolate! lol! Then, we went into the living room and watched spongebob before the other two got up. After about half an hour of spongebob - TJ looked at me and said "I'm hun-gee Sausau" so I told TJ he had to ask Uncle Tom to go get donuts... hehe!

So, TJ crawled up into our bed, and I sat down on the edge of our bed, and TJ said "Uncle Tom?" really really quietly. and Tom rolled over and looked at him. and TJ burst out the with the biggest most adorable grin ever! and said "Uncle Tom, donuts please? and chocolate milk please?" lol! Tom couldn't contain his happiness at how cute TJ was. I mean, how can you resist that?? So Uncle Tom got up and went to pick up donuts and chocolate milk.

TJ and I went back to watching sponge bob. About the time Tom got back with breakfast, Nikki was up. Then, the ruckus in the kitchen for breakfast woke Brett up, so he joined us for breakfast.

After Breakfast Tom and Brett got back into Halo, and the younger ones and I got to using WonderColors markers and coloring books... Those are super cute! Then, after about an hour for Brett and Tom to play Halo, we played Carnival Games on the Wii - super fun!
Then, we gathered up all of their stuff and headed back to their house - cuz they were hitting up Magic Springs that afternoon.

We got lots of hugs and I love you's then we headed off to get Tom a hair cut, then we met Tom's mom for a lunch in Bryant. We went to Layla's - a greek restaurant kind of tucked away. OMG it's fantastic!

After lunch, Tom and I came back to the house and relaxed. I was able to do a lot of stuff for the shower, and also able to set up the address list that Jamie supplied us with, and then started thinking of a lot more things I need to get/do to prepare. Y'know, things I can get started on now? Well, then, around like 5 or 530, we started playing Lego Harry Potter - omg I love that game! We played for a good 3 or 4 hours!

I swear Lego games and Harry Potter games are the only ones I can really play for more than half an hour or so. it's hilarious. Anyway, we hit the sack around 1030 or 11.

Today (Sunday), we got up, I watched a couple episodes of SpongeBob, and did some more research/design work for the shower. Then, we headed out - dropped off a computer program to my dad, then grabbed some yummy lunch at Taco Bueno. After lunch, we did a little shopping, got some stuff for the shower, then headed back home. We watched some Whale Wars on netflix, then just kind of hung out for a while, then we waited until it "cooled off" outside. (Read "cooled off" as "dropped below 'hotter than hell!'" lol!) After it "cooled off", we got busy on our front yard. Now, the other thing to remember, because our house is on basically a corner lot and it's as large as a lot and a half... haha! I have about 50% to 75% more front yard than a normal lot lol! It looks so much better now! and everything smells like fresh cut grass! Too bad we were hot as heck, and stunk to high heaven lol! so we showered, and now we're watching more whale wars.


Sorry no pics this time! I just always get so busy and hands on when i have the kids over, i just forget that other people might like to see what we're up to! lol! I'll have more pics here soon, hopefully! lol!


No comments:

Post a Comment