4.25.2009

11 Days...

Wow, it's been 11 days since my last post! Crazy!! EEK! Am I losing my touch?

ehh...

The last couple of weeks have been pretty cool actually...

At work, things are good. I'm really getting the hang of the World Championship Registrations I've taken over. My phone is ALWAYS ringing now, since MY name and extension are listed on the paper work I keep sending out. Here in the next week, we have "End of Month," which is always stressful, because we HAVE to have every test processed by the end of the last day of the month, which means I won't be able to really work much on the World's stuff until it's over... Oh well, we'll call it a lesson in time management, right?
We have two girls that work on my level in our office. The three of us process ALL of the testings for all of our schools from all over the US, and schools in Canada, South Africa, Australia, South America, and Spain. It's really neat to get to know all of these people from around the globe. Anyway, well one of the girls has been there for three years, and the other one has been there for about 6 months. I started my second year on April 4th. I don't always have the best patience at work. Especially because the newer girl doesn't seem to grasp some of the most simple processes. Most of the problems/questions she has asked in the past month are issues that were covered in the first two months of her working at ATA. It's not like we change what we do each day, it's quite monotonous. So we get aggravated a lot... Well, the other girl gave me some very good advice on Thursday - basically, to not let the other girl get to me. It just makes me seem petty, and just looks bad on me... So, I worked hard on Thursday and Friday and basically just ignored her and how frustrating she can be.
We each do our own work, have our own schools we handle, it's not like we are working together on a one-on-one basis. So, I think I did well on Thursday and Friday.

We had a pregnancy scare - that fell through. I was late on my monthly event last month by a solid week, this month by about 6 days. Tom chocks it up to being stressed at work... The girls at work think it might be the diet we're on... I don't know... We call it a "pregnancy scare". Honestly, it's not a scare any more for the whole "oh my gosh, we're pregnant," it's more along the lines of "oh my gosh, I don't want to lose another one." It's kind of depressing... I don't know what is worse - NOT being pregnant, or being so terrified about losing another one. I don't know, I know God works in mysterious ways... I just wish for once he would say "You'll get pregnant with a successful pregnancy on September 1st, 2010." or whatever. So I could at least know that we will be parents one day... it's just rough... I know He will not bring us to something we can't handle. I just wish things weren't so hard...

Anyway, enough of that... I don't like being depressed... haha! I'm doing more scrapbooking tonight... getting some pages done I meant to do weeks ago!

Oh! Good news!! We did yard work this afternoon! We mowed the front yard (both of them haha - the side yard, against the main road through Shannon Hills, and then the front yard that is against our street.) Tom also got up on the roof and brushed off all of the pollen that has been piling up for a month... it was gross! Well, it started raining right after we started the back yard... that kind of sucked, so we didn't get as much done as we wanted... but, we did start thinking about how we are going to do the landscaping along the front of the house. We're going to plant Boxwood bushes... I think they are going to look GREAT. I can't wait...

Oh, on another topic - but still the house haha! We have some neighbors down the road who are selling their house, well, they were nice enough to ask us if they could put a For Sale sign in our yard (since we're on the corner lot). Well, we just asked them to not point their arrows towards our actual house, because we've gotten people knocking on the door in the past asking to see the house, since it's for sale... haha! Well, the guy that was putting up the sign said they had already gotten calls about "the house on the corner" haha! i guess that is good news when we decide to sell this one! It's a good location, Bryant School District, doesn't flood, Big deck on the back, 3 bed 2 bath... I'm already laying out the flyer in my head for when we sell it, but that's not for a few more years down the line...

Anyway, I'm off to do more scrapping! IM me if you need me, or email me!!

Talk to you all later!!
<3 Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment